Baked apple pie is a traditional American dessert, especially in North American restaurants. Apple Pie has a thin, crispy crust, but hidden inside is a charming sweet filling. The filling has a sweet taste, mixed with a little sour taste of apple, in addition to the fatty taste of butter, the aroma of cinnamon makes anyone who has tasted a piece of cake can not forget it.
So how did that apple pie get so famous in American cuisine? Refer to the recipe for making apple pie in the article below to know the answer!
Ingredients for baked apple pie (for about 4 people)
– 250g cold butter.
– 5ml of cooking oil.
– 310g all-purpose flour.
– 100ml cold water.
– 1 teaspoon salt.
– Cake mold diameter 23 cm.
– 4-5 apples.
– 100g brown sugar.
– 50g white sugar.
– 60g unsalted butter.
– 1 teaspoon of water.
– 1 teaspoon salt.
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
– An egg.
How to make apple pie for 4 people
Step 1: Prepare ingredients for an apple pie.
– Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
– Sift flour for finer flour.
– Separate your eggs, separate the egg yolks, and beat them.
– Peel the apple, then cut the apple into small pieces and then cut into thin slices.
– Marinate apples with cinnamon powder and a little salt.
– Cut unsalted butter into small pieces.
Step 2: Steps to make an apple pie
First about the crust.
– Put butter, flour, and salt in a blender.
– Start blending the above mixtures, while blending, add vinegar and cold water to the blender. Note that you add water slowly to avoid splashing out.
– When you see the flour and butter mixtures are evenly mixed, pour the flour out into the bowl or on the table. You begin to knead the dough until it is smooth and smooth.
– Next, you divide the dough into two equal parts and cover the two parts with plastic wrap.
– Put the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before making the cake.
In the next part, we will make the cake.
– Melt butter in a pan, add white granulated sugar, brown sugar, and a tablespoon of water to boil. Remember to stir the mixture constantly so it doesn’t burn.
– When the sugar is completely dissolved, put the apples on the island together, you only need to stir the apples for about 2-3 minutes, then take out the apples separately so that the apples are not crushed.
– Still the same pan, the rest is the butter-sugar mixture, turn on the low heat, and continue to cook.
– When you see that the butter and sugar mixture has evaporated, leaving only a thick soup, then pour it back into the apple bowl and mix well.
– The next step, you take a part of the dough out of the refrigerator, peel off the plastic part, and put the dough on the table.
– You put a sheet of baking paper on the table and then put the dough on top, you use a stick to roll the dough into a circle with the diameter of a cake mold.
– You do the same with the second dough.
– Because the dough is quite thin and very soft at this point, it is easy to break when we move, so use a rolling pin to move them.
– You put a part of the dough into the cake mold, use a knife to cut off the remaining dough edges, gently press the dough down with your hand to fix it on the bottom of the cake mold.
– Next, you put the apple filling into the cake mold, and spread the apples evenly.
– In the last step, you put the remaining dough into the mold, place the dough over the apple, and also use a knife to cut off the excess dough.
– There will be a gap between the two layers of dough at this point, so use eggs or some butter to seal them together.
– Then, use a knife to make a few small slits on the surface of the cake to help the steam escape while baking.
– You take a brush to spread a layer of egg yolk on the surface of the cake so that the cake has a beautiful golden color when cooked.
– You put the cake into the preheated oven, and bake the cake at a temperature of 175 degrees Celsius. Bake the cake for about 20-25 minutes or when you see the surface of the cake is golden, you lower the oven temperature and continue to bake for about 15-20 minutes, then turn off the oven.
– You let the cake cool naturally, then cut the cake into triangles to be able to enjoy.
Notes when making apple pie
– With apple filling, you should use a variety of apples such as green apples, and red apples, so the taste of the cake is also more special and attractive. But you have to use iced apples, not applesauce, so it won’t be delicious.
– To keep apples from turning brown, after peeling and chopping apples, soak them in dilute saltwater for a few seconds and then take them out to drain.
– Because we use cold butter in the crust, it will be a bit difficult to cut the butter. So, to make it easier to cut, preheat the knife before slicing the butter.
– When baking, you need to pay attention to monitoring it regularly so as not to burn the cake.
– To cut the cake delicious and beautiful, you need to let the cake cool completely. So the crust at this time will be crispy, chewy, and delicious. If you cut the cake while it is hot, the cake is still very soft, not firm. When you cut the cake, the cake will be scattered and the crust will not match. It takes about 2-3 hours for the cake to cool completely, so be patient.
– Another note is that the dough parts when making cakes are always in a chilled state so the cake will be crispy, so you should pay attention to follow the correct process.
If you like, you can sprinkle a little more powdered sugar on top of the cake, so it’s also delicious.
– Apple cake has a golden brown outside, and smells of butter, when eaten, it is a bit chewy. The filling of the cake, the apple is soft but not mushy, imbued with butter, the sweetness of sugar, and the aroma of cinnamon powder. You can eat cake with fresh milk, a cup of tea or a cup of coffee.
Baked apple pie can be considered a pride of Americans, apple pie represents affluence, warmth, and happiness. In addition, apple pie is also one of the sexiest cakes in the world
Hopefully, after reading this article you will know more about this apple pie and be able to create your delicious apple pies.